Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Analysis – National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), SAS Nagar, India
Bachelor in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Pune University, India
- Quantitative proteomics of drug-metabolizing enzymes by using LC-MS and prediction of variability in drug responses through modeling approaches
Deepak is currently a first-year graduate student in the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Washington State University (WSU) Spokane. He is a pharmacist by profession and has worked on a year-long research project related to metabolite identification and toxicity prediction of noscapine and its analogs using in silico, in vitro and in vivo models. He owns five years of research experience working as a senior associate scientist at the Bristol-Myers Squibb- Biocon Research Center (BBRC), Bangalore and there he supported drug-metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) aspects in small molecule drug discovery and development.
- Ahire D, Sinha S, Brock B, Iyer R, Mandlekar S, Subramanian M. “Metabolite Identification, Reaction Phenotyping and Retrospective Drug-Drug Interaction Predictions of 17-deacetylnorgestimate, the Active Component of the Oral Contraceptive Norgestimate”, Drug Metab Dispos. 2017 Mar 10. DOI: 10.1124/dmd.116.073940.
- Sinha S, Ahire D, Wagh S, Mullick D, Sistla R, Selvakumar K, Cortes JC, Putlur SP, Mandlekar S, Johnson BM, “Intrinsic Electrophilicity of Pyridazine-3-carbonitrile, Pyrimidine-3-carbonitrile, and Pyridine-3-carbonitrile derivatives: A Chemical Model to Describe the Propensity of Formation of Glutathione and N-acetyl Cysteine Conjugate in Human Liver Microsomes” (Chem Res Toxicol. 2014 Dec 1. DOI: 10.1021/tx500256j.
- Tiwari R, Ahire D, Subramanian M, Iyer R. “Use of Hybrid Capillary Tube Apparatus on 400 MHz NMR for Quantitation of Crucial Low-Quantity Metabolites Using aSICCO Signal”, (Drug Metab Dispos. 2017 Dec 1. DOI:10.1124/dmd.117.077073.
- Putluru SP, Matta MK, Ahire D, Subramanian M, Sinz M, Mandlekar S. “A Novel Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry Method for the Estimation of Bilirubin Glucuronides and its Application to in vitro Enzyme Assays”, Drug Metab Lett. 2016, Nov 24. DOI:10.2174/1872312810666161124143522.
- Jhajra S, Varkhede N, Ahire D, Prasad B, Paliwal J, Singh S, ‘Extra-hepatic Drug Metabolizing Enzymes and their Significance’, Encyclopedia of Drug Metabolism and Interactions, Wiley Publications, edited by Alexander V. Lyubimov.
- Varkhede N, Jhajra S, Ahire D, Singh S, ‘Metabolite Identification Studies on Amiodarone in in vitro (Rat Liver Microsomes, Rat and Human Liver S9 Fractions) and in vivo (Rat Feces, Urine, Plasma) Matrices by Using LC-HRMS and LC-MSn: Characterization of Diquinone Metabolite Supposedly Responsible for the Drug’s Hepatotoxicity’, Rapid Commn Mass Spectrom, DOI: 10.1002/rcm.6787
Telephone: (509) 368-6535
Office Location: Pharmaceutical & Biomedical Sciences Building, Room # PBS-320, Spokane, WA