Position: Research Associate
Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drug-Drug interactions – Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.
Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology – MGR University, Tamil Nadu, India. (JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty).
Bachelor in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Gulbarga University, Karnataka, India.
- Drug discovery (neuroscience and anti-cancer)
- Drug-drug interactions, quantitative proteomics, personalized medicines and PBPK.
- In vitro and in vivo screening of new chemical entities for druggable properties.
Dr Mettu has14 years of drug discovery and CRO’s experience. He is experienced from pharmaceutical giants like GlaxoSmithKline, A*star Singapore, Suven Life Science, GVK and Forma Therapeutics. He has worked in the in vivo lead and drug discovery program (DMPK) in GSK and has lastly worked as a DMPK lead in A*star before joining WSU.
Poster / Oral Presentation:
- ACS paper #929128 on ‘Blood, brain tissue and cerebrospinal fluid pharmacokinetics of the antidepressant Mirtazapine in rats’.
- Oral presentation on “In vitro and in vivo (mouse) evaluation of drug-drug interactions of Glibenclamide with HIV protease inhibitors” in NUS (International Conference on Pharmacology and Drug Discovery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine 2013).
- Invited speaker on Waters UPLC-MS/MS – Bioanalytical Approaches in DMPK, Focus on Drug Discovery, July 2017, Biopolis Singapore.
Mettu, V., Swami, P., Abigna, P., Nath, A. and Sharma, G. (2015) In Vitro and in Vivo (Mouse) Evaluation of Drug-Drug Interactions of Repaglinide with Anti-HIV Drugs. Pharmacology & Pharmacy, 6, 241-246.
Tay, A.S., Li, C., Nandi, T., Chng, K.R., Andiappan, A.K., Mettu, V.S. et al. (2020) Atopic dermatitis microbiomes stratify into ecological dermotypes enabling microbial virulence and disease severity. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
Telephone: (509) 368-6535
Office Location: Pharmaceutical & Biomedical Sciences Building, Room # PBS-320