The Radiogenic Isotope and Geochronology Laboratory at WSU is a full-service radiogenic isotope laboratory. We have the capability to perform chemical separations of several important isotope (Rb-Sr, Sm-Nd, Lu-Hf, and U-Pb) and elemental systems (e.g., HFSE, Ca, Cu, Fe, Mo). In conjunction with our calibrated Rb-Sr, Lu-Hf, and Sm-Nd isotopic spikes we can analyze the full range of earth and planetary materials: from mud to meteorites and everything in between.
High-precision analytical applications:
- Whole-rock Sr-Nd-Hf-Pb ID isotope compositions
- Garnet coupled Lu-Hf and Sm-Nd geochronology
- LA-ICP-MS for trace elements in minerals (eg. zircon, garnet, titanite, rutile, otolith, etc.)
- Zircon LA-ICP-MS for U-Pb ages and Hf isotopes
- Monazite and titanite laser ablation U-Pb dating, and Sm-Nd isotopes
- Laser Ablation Split Stream (LASS) for simultaneous age, isotope, or REE determination.
Cost of analysis:
Laser ablation analysis
- $10/unknown analysis – including laser and single-collector ICPMS (REE or U-Pb).
- $15/unknown analysis – including laser and multi-collector ICPMS (isotope composition).
- $25/unknown analysis – LASS using both SC and MC.
- $99/hr – mass spectrometry technical support (~2hr/day for laser ablation sessions)
- discount for internal use
Isotope dilution analysis
- $350 – whole-rock/mineral isotope dilution for each isotope system, $100/extra isotope system
- extra fees for RIGL staff conducting analytical work
*** We would like to be co-authors on publications from collaborative work.
If you need free pilot data or analytical support letter for a proposal, please contact Dr. Jeff Vervoort.