Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Identify as a US citizen or permanent resident,
- Return to an undergraduate degree program in Fall 2022,
- Participate in Gear up for Research, a weekly virtual lab group meeting, prior to the summer residential program (April 15 – May 15), and
- Be willing to have fun while learning how to do research in STEM education!
Women, first-generation, and individuals from non-PhD granting institutions and/or who identify with underrepresented populations are especially encouraged to apply.
The application portal is now open. There are just a few steps to apply. Please read carefully!
- Read the application questions and prepare your answers in a Word document. A copy of the questions is provided as a PDF here.
- Obtain a PDF copy of your unofficial academic transcript.
- Go to the application portal and cut and paste your answers from the Word document into the portal. Upload your transcript when prompted.
- Ask your references to upload a reference letter here. We require two reference letters, one of which must be from someone at your institution. Please give them the link for this webpage. We do not email your reference writers, you must share this webpage with them and instruct them about the deadline.
Applications will be due February 15, 2022.
Questions? Email Dr. Erika Offerdahl (erika.offerdahl @ wsu.edu) or Dr. Molly Kelton (molly.kelton @ wsu.edu).