**The application window is closed for Summer 2018. Please check back next year for application information for Summer 2019.**
- Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
- Submit a PERSONAL STATEMENT. Please use no more than 200 words to answer each of the following questions (approximately 800 words total). Please type your answers into a single document, and save as a pdf file. Then email your statement as an attachment to Gretchen Rollwagen-Bollens (email@example.com).
- Why are you interested in participating in the Landscape Ecology and Ecosystem Dynamics of the Columbia River Basin REU program at WSU Vancouver?
- How do the research areas covered in this REU program align with and help to develop your own interests?
- What are your professional goals, and how would participating in this REU summer research experience contribute to achieving those goals?
- What past experiences (classes, research projects, jobs) have you had that help prepare you for an immersive summer research program?
- Send a PDF copy of your ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS (unofficial copies are fine) as an attachment in an email to Gretchen Rollwagen-Bollens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Request at least one LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION (two preferred) from those who can speak to your interest, ability and enthusiasm for research and further undergraduate or graduate studies–e.g., a teacher, mentor or employer. Please ask your recommenders to send their letter in PDF format as an attachment in an email to Gretchen Rollwagen-Bollens (email@example.com). Please do NOT have them send hard copies via regular mail.
Please submit your personal statement and transcripts together in the same email to Gretchen Rollwagen-Bollens (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are unable to transmit your application materials electronically, please call to Dr. Rollwagen-Bollens to make alternative arrangements (360-546-9115).