Phone: (360) 546-9117
Located in Engineering and Computer Science (VECS) 301U
Computational mechanics, multiphysics analysis, finite elements, boundary elements, modeling and characterization of advanced materials and MEMS structures, modeling and simulation in biomedical research.
- X. L. Chen and Y. J. Liu, “Finite Element Modeling and Simulation with ANSYS Workbench”, 1st ed. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, (2014).
- Bo Wang and X. L. Chen, “Fast multipole accelerated dual reciprocity boundary element method for diffusion problems”, Annals of Solid and Structural Mechanics, 7 (1), 45-58 (2015).
- M. Aghaamoo, Z. Zhang, X. L. Chen and J. Xu, “Deformability-based circulating tumor cell separation with conical-shaped microfilters: concept, optimization and design criteria”, Biomicrofluidics, 9, 034106 (2015).
- Z. Zhang, X. L. Chen, and J. Xu, “Entry effects of droplet in a micro confinement: implications for deformation-based circulating tumor cell microfiltration”, Biomicrofluidics, 9, 024108 (2015).
- Z. Zhang, J. Xu, B. Hong and X. L. Chen, “The effects of 3D channel geometry on CTC passing pressure- towards deformability-based cancer cell separation”, Lab on a Chip, 14, 2576-2584 (2014).
- Y. Xu, A. Hashmi, G. Yu, X. Lu, H. Kwon, X. L. Chen, J. Xu, “Microbubble array for on-chip worm processing”, Applied Physics Letters, 102, 023702 (2013).
- G. Yu, X. L. Chen and J. Xu, “Acoustophoresis in variously shaped liquid droplets”, Soft Matter, 7, 10063-10069, (2011).
- D. Binion and X. L. Chen, “A Krylov enghanced proper orthogonal decomposition method for efficient nonlinear model reduction”, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 47, No. 7, 728-738, (2011).
- D. Binion and X. L. Chen, “Coupled electro-thermal-mechanical analysis for MEMS via model order reduction”, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 46, No. 12, 1068-1076, (2010).
- X. L. Chen, H. Zhang and M. Wu, “Modeling brain electrical activity by an image-based boundary element method”,Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, 34, 995–1002 (2010).
- D. Kim, X. L. Chen and P. Allen, “Micro-electro discharge drilling characteristics on Molybdenum aperture fabrication”,International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials, 7, No. 3-4, 161-175 (2010).
- X. Zhao, X. L. Chen and L. Lu, “Pointwise identification of elastic properties in nonlinear hyperelastic membranes. Part II: experimental validation”, ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, 76, No. 6, 061014-8 (2009).
- X. L. Chen, W. Cui and W. Xue, “Process modeling and device-package simulation for optimization of MEMS gyroscopes”,Computer-aided Design and Applications, 6, No. 3, 375-386 (2009).
- X. L. Chen and H. Zhang, “An integrated imaging and BEM for fast simulation of freeform objects”, Computer-aided Design and Applications, 5, No.1-4, 371-380 (2008).
- P. Allen and X. L. Chen, “Process simulation of micro electro-discharge machining on molybdenum”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 186, No. 1-3, 346-355 (2007).
- X. L. Chen, “Comparison of numerical methods for noise source identification”, Noise Control Engineering Journal, 54, No. 6, 420-428 (2006).
- X. L. Chen and Y. J. Liu, “An advanced 3-D boundary element method for characterizations of composite materials,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, 29, No. 6, 513-523 (2005).
- Y. J. Liu, N. Nishimura, Y. Otani, T. Takahashi, X. L. Chen and H. Munakata, “A fast boundary element method for the analysis of fiber-reinforced composites based on a rigid-inclusion model,” ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, 72, No. 1, 115-128 (2005).
- Y. J. Liu and X. L. Chen, “Modeling of carbon nanotube-based composites by the boundary element method,” JASCOME Reviews, No. 2004-1, 45-57 (2004).
- X. L. Chen and Y. J. Liu, “Square representative volume elements for evaluating the effective material properties of carbon nanotube-based composites,” Computational Materials Science, 29, No. 1, 1-11(2004).
- Y. J. Liu and X. L. Chen, “Evaluations of the effective material properties of carbon nanotube-based composites using a nanoscale representative volume element,” Mechanics of Materials, 35, No. 1-2, 69-81 (2003).
- Y. J. Liu and X. L. Chen, “Continuum models of carbon nanotube-based composites using the boundary element method,” Electronic Journal of Boundary Elements, 1, No. 2, 316-335 (2003).
- X. L. Chen and Y. J. Liu, “Thermal stress analysis of multi-layer thin films and coatings by an advanced boundary element method,” CMES: Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, 2, No. 3, 337-349 (2001).
- X. L. Chen and Y. J. Liu, “Multiple-cell modeling of fiber-reinforced composites with the presence of interphases using the boundary element method,” Computational Materials Science, 21, No. 1, 86-94 (2001).
- Ph.D. 2004, Mechanical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- M.S.1999, Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- B.S. 1996, Engineering Mechanics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China