- Chair, Department of Entomology
- Postdoctoral Associate, Dept of Entomology, Univ of Wisconsin-Madison , 1999 – 2001
- Ph.D. Entomology, Department of Entomology, University of Kentucky , 1999
- M.S. Zoology, Department of Biological Sciences, Clemson University , 1995
- B.S. Biology, Lander University , 1992
- Hayes, A.M., Lavine, M.D., Gotoh, H., Lin, X., L.C. Lavine. 2019. Mechanisms regulating phenotypic plasticity in wing polyphenic insects. Advances in Insect Physiology, pp 43-72.
- Gartstein, M.A. Benjamin, C.P., Lavine, L.C., Craft, R.M., Wharton, A.S. 2018. External mentor program: a pathway to career advancement for women in STEM. The ADVANCE Journal. 10.5399/osu/ADVJRNL.1.1.1
- R Zinna, D Emlen, LC Lavine, A Johns, H Gotoh, T Niimi, I Dworkin. 2018. Sexual dimorphism and heightened conditional expression in a sexually selected weapon in the Asian rhinoceros beetle. Molecular Ecology 27:5049-5072; DOI: 10.1111/mec.14907
- J Shinji, H Gotoh, H Miyanishi, MD Lavine, LC Lavine. 2018. The activin signaling transcription factor Smox is an essential regulator of appendage size during regeneration after autotomy in the crayfish. Evolution & development DOI: 10.1111/ede.12277
- AW Adesanya, E Franco, DB Walsh, M Lavine, L Lavine, F Zhu. 2018. Phenotypic and Genotypic Plasticity of Acaricide Resistance in Populations of Tetranychus urticae(Acari: Tetranychidae) on Peppermint and Silage Corn in the Pacific Northwest. Journal of Economic Entomology, Volume 111, Issue 6, 14 December 2018, Pages 2831–2843, https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/toy303
- T Ohde, S Morita, S Shigenobu, J Morita, T Mizutani, H Gotoh, RA Zinna, M Nakata, YIto, K Wada, Y Kitano, K Yuzaki, K Toga, M Mase, K Kadota, J Rushe, LC Lavine, DJ Emlen, T Niimi 2018. Rhinoceros beetle horn development reveals deep parallels with dung beetles. PLoS Genetics 14: e1007651
- X Lin, Y Xu, J Jiang, M Lavine, LC Lavine. 2018. Host quality induces phenotypic plasticity in a wing polyphonic insect. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 115 (29): 7563-7568.
- J Hust, MD Lavine, AM Worthington, R Zinna, H Gotoh, T Niimi, L Lavine. 2018. The Fat-Dachsous signaling pathway regulates growth of horns in Trypoxylus dichotomus but does not affect horn allometry. Journal of Insect Physiology 105: 85-94.
- Lin X, Lavine LC. 2018. Endocrine regulation of a dispersal polymorphism in winged insects: a short review. Current Opinion in Insect Science 25:20-24.
- Adesanya AW, MA Morales, DB Walsh, LC Lavine, MD Lavine, F Zhu. 2018. Mechanisms of resistance to three mite growth inhibitors of Tetranychus urticae in hops. Bulletin of Entomological Research 1-12 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007485317000414
- Meixiang Wu, Adekunle W Adesanya, Mariany A Morales, Douglas B Walsh, Laura C Lavine, Mark D Lavine, Fang Zhu. 2018. Multiple acaricide resistance and underlying mechanisms in Tetranychus urticae on hops. Journal of Pest Science https://doi.org/10.1007/s10340-018-1050-5
- Gotoh, H, RA Zinna, Y Ishikawa, H Miiyakawa, A Ishikawa, Y Sugime, DJ Emlen, LC Lavine, T Miura. 2017. The function of appendage patterining genes in mandible development of sexually dimorphic stag beetle. Developmental Biology 422: 24-32. Impact Factor 3.155
- Lin,X, Xu, Y, Yao Y, Wang B, Lavine MD, and LC Lavine. 2016. JNK signaling mediates wing form polymorphism in brown planthoppers (Nilaparvata lugens). Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 73: 55-61. Impact Factor 3.9