Welcome to the Political Interaction Lab
The Political Interaction Lab focuses on the political engagement of individuals. Of particular interest is the motivation and interaction of individuals and their effect on the political process.
Projects currently in process include:
The Treatment of Others Project’s focus is on issues of political discrimination. It looks at how often political discrimination happens, why, what types are socially acceptable and how to move from political discrimination to collaboration.
The Legislative Service Project’s focus is to improve the current Washington State legislative process and better prepare the next generation of leaders for public service. The Legislative Service Project’s area of emphasis includes:
• Improve the recruitment and preparation of students serving legislative internships
• Increase civic engagement in the legislative process
• Provide perspectives of the legislative process from current and past legislators
• Provide insight into changes which have affected the legislative process
• Improve understanding of bipartisanship from the media, lobbyist, student intern, staff and legislator’s perspective
• Improve legislative civility in Washington State
• Better prepare future student interns, staff and legislators