Dr. Yang’s major research interests include understanding fundamental mechanisms and advancing cutting-edge biomass processing technologies for advanced biofuels and bioproducts, facilitating the commercialization process as well as improving our knowledge of emerging technologies to meet near and long-term needs worldwide. He has authored more than 135 peer-reviewed papers and book chapters and has six issued patents. He also serves as an advisory editor board member for leading biorefinery journals. Dr. Yang recently has pioneered new biomass pretreatment technology and manufacturing technologies to process biomass into jet fuel, bioplastics, carbon fiber, supercapacitor, hydrogen carriers, and other bioproducts.
- Published 135 articles in peer-reviewed journals and book chapters.
- Six issued patents.
- Delivered more than 100 invited presentations and seminars.
Awards and Recognition
- Fellow of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2023.
- The Fulbright Distinguished Chair (2019 – 2020).
- Young Faculty Award, DARPA (2011).
Affiliations and Professional Service
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE).
- American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Society for Industrial Microbiology.
- Associate Editor: Biotechnology for Biofuels and Bioproducts, Advisor Editorial Board: Biofuels, Bioproducts & Biorefinery; Biofuels, Bioethanol Journal.