PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
25) Garcia, E.S., C.L. Tague, J.C. Adam, and M.L. Liu, 2015. Resolution of climate data affects eco-hydrology model estimates more than redistribution of soil moisture in a western Oregon watershed (submitted).
24) Allen, E., J. Stephens, G. Yorgey, C.E. Kruger, S. Aahamed, J. C. Adam, 2015. What do Agricultural Decision-Makers in the Northwest US Need to Know about Climate Change? Journal of Environmental Management (submitted).
23) Liu, M.L., J.C. Adam, Z. Zhu, and R. B. Myneni, 2015. Vegetation dynamics play a role in changing water fluxes over the conterminous U.S. during 1983-2009, J. Geophysical Research (submitted).
22) Gould, G.K., M.L. Liu, M.E. Barber, K.A. Cherkauer, P.R. Robichaud, and J.C. Adam, 2015. The effects of climate change and extreme wildfire events on runoff erosion over a mountain watershed in the western U.S., J. Hydrology, doi: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.02.025.
21) Clark, M.P., Y. Fan, D.M. Lawrence, J.C. Adam, D. Bolster, M. Kumar, L.R. Leung, D. Scott Mackay, C. Shen, S.C. Swenson, X. Seng, et al, 2015. Improving the representation of hydrologic processes in Earth System Models, Water Resources Research, doi: 10.1002/2015WR017096.
20) Reyes, J.J., J. Schellberg, S. Siebert, M. Elsaesser, J.C. Adam, and F. Ewert, 2015. Refining estimates of nitrogen uptake in grasslands: Application of the nitrogen dilution curve, Agronomy for Sustainable Development, doi 10.1007/s13593-015-0321-2.
19) Stöckle, C.O., A.R. Kemanian, R.L. Nelson, J.C. Adam, R. Sommer, B. Carlson, 2014. CropSyst model evolution: From field to regional to global scales and from research to decision support systems, Environmental Modeling and Software, 62, 361-369.
18) Liu, M., K. Rajagopalan, S. H. Chung, X. Jiang, J. Harrison, T. Nergui, A. Guenther, C. Miller, J. Reyes, C. Tague, J. Choate, E.P. Salathé, C.O. Stöckle, and J. C. Adam, 2014. What is the importance of climate model bias when projecting the impacts of climate change on land surface processes? Biogeosciences, doi: 10.5194/bg-11-1/2014.
17) Adam, J.C., J.C. Stephens, S.H. Chung, M.P. Brady, R.D. Evans, C.E. Kruger, B.K. Lamb, M.L. Liu, C.O. Stöckle, J.K. Vaughan, K. Rajagopalan, J.A. Harrison, C.L. Tague, A. Kalyanaraman, Y. Chen, A. Guenther, F.Y. Leung, L.R. Leung, A.B. Perleberg, J. Yoder, E. Allen, S. Anderson, B. Chandrasekharan, K. Malek, T. Mullis, C. Miller, T. Nergui, J. Poinsatte, J. Reyes, J. Zhu, J.S. Choate, X. Jiang, R. Nelson, J.H. Yoon, G.G. Yorgey, K.J. Chinnayakanahalli, A.F. Hamlet, B. Nijssen, V. Walden, 2014. BioEarth: A regional biosphere-relevant earth system model to inform agricultural and natural resource management decisions, Climatic Change, doi: 10/1007/210584-014-1115-2.
16) Brown, S., A. Easley, D. Montfort, J.C. Adam, B. Van Wie, A. Olusola, C. Poor, C. Tobin, A. Flatt, 2014. Effectiveness of an interactive learning environment utilizing a physical model, Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 140(3), 04014001.
15) Liu, M., J.C. Adam, and A.F. Hamlet, 2013. Spatial-temporal variations of evapotranspiration and runoff/precipitation ratios responding to the changing climate in the Pacific Northwest during 1921-2006, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, doi: 10.1029/2012JD018400.
14) Van Wie, J.B, J.C. Adam, and J.L. Ullman, 2013. Conservation tillage in dryland agriculture impacts watershed hydrology, Journal of Hydrology doi: 10.1016/J.HYDROL.2012.12.030.
13) Weedon, G.P., S. Gomes, P. Viterbo, J. Shuttleworth, E. Blythe, H. Osterle, J.C. Adam, N. Bellouin, O. Boucher, and M. Best, 2011. Creation of the WATCH Forcing Data and its use to assess global and regional reference crop evaporation over land during the twentieth Century, Journal of Hydrometeorology 12, 823-848, doi: 10.1175/2011JHM1369.1.
12) Tan, A., J.C Adam, and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2011. Change in spring snowmelt timing in Eurasian Arctic Rivers, Journal of Geophysical Research 116, D03101, doi:10.1029/2010JD014337.
11) Rawlins, M.A., M. Steele, M.M. Holland, J.C. Adam, et al. 2010. Analysis of the Arctic System for Freshwater Cycle Intensification: Observations and Expectations, Journal of Climate 23 (21) 5715-5737. (Note: there are 30 authors in total on this publication.)
10) Adam, J.C., A. F. Hamlet, and D. P. Lettenmaier, 2008. Implications of global climate change for snowmelt hydrology in the 21st century, Hydrological Processes 23(7) 962-972.
9) Maurer, E.P., J.C. Adam, and A.W. Wood, 2008. Climate Model based consensus on the hydrologic impacts of climate change to the Rio Lempa basin of Central America, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 5: 3099-3128.
8) Adam, J.C., and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2008. Application of new precipitation and reconstructed streamflow products to streamflow trend attribution in Northern Eurasia. Journal of Climate 21(8): 1807-1828.
7) Adam, J.C., I. Haddeland, F. Su, and D. P. Lettenmaier, 2007. Simulation of reservoir influences on annual and seasonal streamflow changes for the Lena, Yenisei and Ob’ rivers, Journal of Geophysical Research 112, D24114, doi:10.1029/2007JD008525.
6) Adam, J.C., E.A. Clark, D.P. Lettenmaier, and E.F. Wood, 2006. Correction of global precipitation products for orographic effects. Journal of Climate 19(1): 15-38.
5) Su, F., J.C. Adam, K.E. Trenberth, and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2006. Evaluation of surface water fluxes of the pan-Arctic land region with a land surface model and ERA-40 reanalysis. Journal of Geophysical Research 111, D05110, doi:10.1029/2005JD006387.
4) Barnett T.P., J.C. Adam, and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2005. Potential impacts of a warming climate on water availability in snow-dominated regions. Nature 438: 303-309.
3) Su, F., J.C. Adam, L.C. Bowling, and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2005. Streamflow simulations of the terrestrial Arctic domain. Journal of Geophysical Research 110, D08112, doi:10.1029/2004JD005518.
2) Adam, J.C., and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2003. Adjustment of global gridded precipitation for systematic bias. Journal of Geophysical Research 108, D9, doi:10.1029/2002JD002499.
1) Maurer, E.P., A.W. Wood, J.C. Adam, D.P. Lettenmaier, and B. Nijssen, 2002. A long-term hydrologically-based data set of land surface fluxes and states for the conterminous United States. Journal of Climate 15: 3237-3251.
1) Shiklomanov, A., T.J. Bohn, D.P. Lettenmaier, R. Lammers, C. Adam, P. Romanov, and M. Rawlins, 2010: “Interactions between Land Cover/Use Change and Hydrology” in Arctic Land Cover and Land Use Change in a Changing Climate, G. Gutman, ed., Springer-Verlag.
TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS, TRADE JOURNALS, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
12) Padowski, J., J.C. Adam, S. Hampton, C.E. Kruger, and J. Yoder, 2015. NSF FEW workshop white paper: Addressing the food-energy-water system trilemma: balancing reliance on technological and institutional solutions, National Science Foundation.
11) Kruger, C.E., J.C. Adam, and G. Yorgey, 2015. Forecasting water supply and demand for the Columbia River basin, Irrigation Leader Magazine 6: 18-19.
10) Mullis, T., M. Liu, A. Kalyanaraman, J. Vaughan, C. Tague, and J.C. Adam, 2014. Design and Implementation of Kepler Workflows for BioEarth. Procedia Computer Science 29:1722–1732.
9) McDonald, M., L. Dilley, M.E. Barber, R. Mahler, J.C. Adam, M. Wolcott, and A. Ford, 2013. Small-scale Energy Storage for Integration of Renewable Supplies with Smart Grids, Energy and Sustainability IV, WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, 176, ISSN 1743-3541, Bucharest, Romania, June 2013.
8) Barber, M.E., J.C. Adam, K. Rajagopalan, G. Yorgey, and R. Mahler, 2013. Impacts of Climate and Municipal Water Demand Changes on Ecological Flows in the Columbia River Basin, USA, Ecosystems and Sustainable Development IX, WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, 175, ISSN 1743-3541, Bucharest, Romania, June 2013.
7) Barber, M.E., J.C. Adam, M. Brady, K. Chinnayakanahalli, K. Rajagopalan, S. Dinesh, C. Kruger, C. Stockle, and G. Yorgey, 2012. Global Change Implications on Long-Term Water Supply and Demand Forecasts in the Columbia River Basin, WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment,168:77-86.
6) Easley A., S. Brown, J.C. Adam, D.B. Montfort, and B.J. VanWie, 2012. Open channel flow misconceptions and ontological categories, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings.
5) Van Wie, B., D. Thiessen, M. Compere, X. Toro, J.C. Adam, S. Brown, A. Easley, X. Li, K. Lee, and M. Colpan, 2012. Multi-disciplinary Hands-on Desktop Learning Modules and Modern Pedagogies, Frontiers in Education Annual Conference, Conference Proceedings.
4) Schlect, W.D., B. Van Wie, P. Golter, R.F. Richards, J.C. Adam, A.M. Ater Kranov, M. Compere, E. Maurer, D.C. Davis, and O.O. Adesope, 2012. Multi-Disciplinary Hands-on Desktop Learning Modules and Modern Pedagogies, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings.
3) Yorgey, G.G., K. Rajagopalan, K. Chinnayakanahalli, M.P. Brady, M.E. Barber, R. Nelson, C.S. Stockle, C.E. Kruger, S. Dinesh, K. Malek, J. Yoder, and J.C. Adam, 2011. Columbia River Basin Long-Term Water Supply and Demand Forecast, Washington State Legislative Report, http://www.ecy.wa.gov/biblio/1112011.html.
2) Weedon et al., 2009. The WATCH Forcing Data 1958-2001: A meteorological forcing data for land surface- and hydrological-models. WATCH Technical Report 22.
1) Bowling, L.C., K.A. Cherkauer, and J.C. Adam, 2008. Current capabilities in soil thermal representation within a large scale hydrology model. Proceedings, Ninth International Conference on Permafrost, June 29 – July 3.