Postdoctoral Research Associate – Natesan Lab
An NIH-funded postdoctoral research associate position is available immediately in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Washington State University, Health Sciences Campus in Spokane, WA, with Dr. Senthil Natesan.
The computational research will investigate the molecular recognition processes at the membrane interface: membrane-drug interactions and membrane-protein-drug interactions of GPCRs, ion channels, and integrins. The successful candidate will have extensive working experience in atomistic, coarse-grained MD simulations and enhanced sampling techniques (metadynamics), and in applying ligand-based and structure-based modeling techniques (molecular docking, pharmacophore-based virtual screening, and structure-activity relationships) demonstrated in publications.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work in close collaboration with experimental structural biologists, pharmacologists, immunologists, drug metabolism and transport experts, and cancer biologists. More information on our current research interests can be found here: https://labs.wsu.edu/modeling-and-simulation-lab/
- A recent Ph.D. in computational chemistry/cheminformatics, computer-aided drug design, theoretical biophysics or biochemistry, or a closely related field.
- Strong theoretical background in biophysics, statistical mechanics, medicinal chemistry, computation, and biomolecular modeling (protein-ligand, and membrane-drug interactions).
- Extensive working experience with at least one of the major biomolecular modeling packages (MOE, Schrodinger, Discovery Studio), expertise in using one or more of the MD simulation packages (NAMD, GROMACS, AMBER, and CHARMM).
- Working experience in Linux OS high-performance computing environment, strong programming skills (C, C++, and/or Python); Experience in R and/or MATLAB is a plus.
- Peer-reviewed research publications in protein-ligand modeling and simulations.
- Strong motivation with a passion for science and the ability and desire to work both independently and in a team environment. Good oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience in modeling GPCRs, GABAAR, and integrin αvβ3 simulations is a plus.
For additional information and to apply, please follow this link
If you are interested in joining our lab as a graduate student (PhD), please email Dr. Natesan (senthil.natesan [at] wsu.edu) with your resume and research statement.