Phone: (360) 546-9714
Fax: (360) 546-9076
Office: McClaskey (VMCB) 201
Suzanne Smith, Ph.D.
Director of Academic Planning
Special Assistant to the Vice Chancellor
Office of Academic Affairs
Associate Professor of Human Development
- I am currently conducting qualitative research on the Hutterites to determine parenting and family relationship patterns. This research involves quality and quantity time in the field, living with participants.
- Secondarily I am involved in a multi-state longitudinal project assessing the effects of poverty on the health and family relationships of women and children in rural areas. This is a mixed methods study to take place over a five year period. Data will also be compared to the previous wave of this project which completed in 2009.
- Ph.D. – 1996 – Child and Family Development – The University Of Georgia
- M.S. – 1992 – Family and Child Development – Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- B.A. – 1990 – Behavioral Science – Erskine College