The members of WHSPR Lab are interested in studying preventive health behavior from a social psychological perspective. Current research areas include:
- cognitive versus affective predictors of health behaviors
- investigating the links between physical activity and alcohol use
- techniques for communicating risk information (e.g., cigarette graphic warnings)
- positive and negative reactions to health communications
- perceptions and knowledge surrounding e-cigs
Undergraduate students who are interested in research experience should contact Dr. Magnan (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly for availability.
Dr. Magnan will be considering applicants for the Fall 2018 cohort of the Experimental Psychology graduate program. A successful applicant will have clear research ideas, research experience in psychology, strong letters of recommendation, and ideas about how he/she will contribute to Dr. Magnan’s program of research.