*: Corresponding author, †: Equal contribution
35. X. Zhang†, P. Dong†, and M. K. Song*, “Metal-Organic Frameworks for High-Energy Lithium Batteries with Enhanced Safety: Recent Progress and Future Perspectives,” Batteries & Supercaps, Accepted, 2019.
34. M. Kindle, S. Kmiec, I. Silva, H. Eckert, S. Martin, M. K. Song, and J. McCloy*, “Crystallization Behavior and Structural Properties of Alumina-doped Lithium Borovanadate Glasses and Glass-Ceramics,” Journal of Non-crystalline Solids, Submitted, 2019.
33. P. Dong, J. I. Lee, Y. Cha and M. K. Song*, “Synergistic Enhancement of Hierarchical Selenium Disulfide/Carbon Nanocomposites and Dual Additives in Ether-based Electrolytes for High-energy Lithium Metal Batteries,” Submitted, 2018.
32. X. Zhang†, C. Y. Chuah†, P. Dong, Y. Cha, T. H. Bae*, and M. K. Song*, “Hierarchically Porous Co-MOF-74 Hollow Nanorods for Enhanced CO2 separation,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, In Press, 2018.
31. X. Zhang, P. Dong, J. I. Lee, J. T. Gray, Y. Cha, S. Ha, and M. K. Song*, “Enhanced Cycling Performance of Rechargeable Li–O2 batteries via LiOH Formation and Decomposition Using High-Performance MOF-74@CNTs Hybrid Catalysts,” Energy Storage Materials, In Press, 2018.
30. S. Feng, H. Zhong, J. Song, C. Zhu, Q. Shi, D. Liu, P. Dong, Y. Chang, S. Beckman, M. K. Song, D. Du, and Y. Lin*, “Catalytic Activity of Co-X (X=S, P, O) and its Dependency on Nanostructure/Chemical Composition in Lithium-Sulfur Batteries,” ACS Applied Energy Materials, In Press, 2018.
29. Y. Ye, M. K. Song, Y. Xu, K. Nie, Y. Liu, J. Feng, X. Sun, E. J. Cairns, Y. Zhang*, and J. Guo*, “Lithium Nitrate: A Double-edged Sword in the Rechargeable Lithium-Sulfur Cell,” Energy Storage Materials, In Press, 2018.
28. P. Dong, K. S. Han, J. I. Lee, X. Zhang, Y. Cha, and M. K. Song*, “Controlled Synthesis of Sulfur-rich Polymeric Selenium Sulfides as Promising Electrode Materials for Long-life, High-rate Lithium Metal Batteries,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 10 (35), 29565-29573, 2018.
27. Y. Cha, J. I. Lee, P. Dong, X. Zhang, and M. K. Song*, “Novel CO2-thermic Oxidation Process with Mg-based Intermetallic Compounds and Its Application to Energy Storage Materials, ChemRxiv, Preprint, 2018.
26. S. Feng, J. Song, S. Fu, C. Zhu, Q. Shi, M. K. Song, D. Du, and Y. Lin*, “One-Step Synthesis of Carbon Nanosheets Decorated Carbon Nanofiber as a 3D Interconnected Porous Carbon Scaffold for Lithium-Sulfur Battery,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 5, 23737-23743, 2017.
25. J. I. Lee†, J. Song†, Y. Cha, S. Fu, X. Li, Y. Lin*, and M. K. Song*, “Multifunctional SnO2/3D graphene hybrid materials for sodium-ion and lithium-ion batteries with excellent rate capability and long cycle life,” Nano Research, 10 (12), 4398-4414, 2017.
24. J. Song†, S. Feng†, C. Zhu, J. I. Lee, S. Fu, P. Dong, M. K. Song*, and Y. Lin*, “Tuning the structure and composition of graphite-phase polymeric carbon nitride/reduced graphene oxide composites towards enhanced lithium-sulfur batteries performance,” Electrochimica Acta, 248 (10), 541-546, 2017.
23. A. Dive, M. K. Song, and S. Banerjee*, “Physisorption mechanism of solvated polysulfide chains on graphene oxides with varied functional groups,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 121 (9), 5089-5098, 2017.
22. J. H. Park†, K. M. Choi†, D. K. Lee, B. C. Moon, S. R. Shin, M. K. Song*, and J. K. Kang*, “Encapsulation of redox polysulphides via chemical interaction with nitrogen atoms in the organic linkers of metal-organic framework nanocrystals,” Scientific Reports, 6, 25555, 2016.
21. Q. Shi, Y. Cha, Y. Song, J. I. Lee, C. Zhu, X. Li, M. K. Song, D. Du, and Y. Lin*, “3D graphene-based hybrid materials: synthesis and applications in energy storage and conversion,” Nanoscale, 8, 15414-15447, 2016.
20. K. Yoo, M. K. Song, E. J. Cairns, and P. Dutta*, “Numerical and experimental investigation of performance characteristics of lithium/sulfur cells,” Electrochimica Acta, 213, 174-185, 2016.
19. Y. Ye, A. Kawase, M. K. Song, B. Feng, Y. S. Liu, M. A. Marcus, J. Feng, H. T. Fang, E. J. Cairns*, J. Zhu*, and J. Guo*, “X-ray absorption spectroscopic characterization of the synthesis process: revealing the interactions in cetyltrimethylammonium bromide-modified sulfur-graphene oxide nanocomposites,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 120 (19), 10111-10117, 2016.
18. Y. Ye, A. Kawase, M. K. Song, B. Feng, Y. S. Liu, M. A. Marcus, J. Feng, E. J. Cairns, J. Guo*, and J. Zhu*, “X-ray absorption spectroscopy characterization of a Li/S cell,” Nanomaterials (Special Issue “Nanostructured Materials for Li-ion Batteries and Beyond”), 6 (1), 14, 2016.
17. M. K. Song, Y. Zhang, and E. J. Cairns*, “Effects of cell construction parameters on the performance of lithium/sulfur cells,” AIChE Journal (Special issue “Tribute to Founders: John M. Prausnitz”), 61, 2749-2756, 2015.
Prior to joining WSU in 2015
16. C. Nan, Z. Lin, H. Liao, M. K. Song, Y. Li, and E. J. Cairns*, “Durable carbon-coated Li2S core-shell spheres for high performance lithium/sulfur cells,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 136, 4659-4663, 2014.
15. M. K. Song†, H. Li†, J. Li, D. Zhao, J. Wang, and M. Liu*, “Tetrazole-based, anhydrous proton exchange membranes for fuel cells,” Advanced Materials, 26, 1277-1282, 2014.
14. X. Feng†, M. K. Song†, W. C. Stolte, D. Gardenghi, D. Zhang, X. Sun, J. Zhu*, E. J. Cairns*, and J. Guo*, “Understanding the degradation mechanism of rechargeable lithium/sulfur cells: a comprehensive study of the sulfur-graphene oxide cathode after discharge-charge cycling,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 16,16931-16940, 2014.
13. D. Chen, M. K. Song, S. Cheng, L. Huang, and M. Liu*, “Contribution of carbon fiber paper (CFP) to the capacitance of a CFP-supported manganese oxide supercapacitor,” Journal of Power Sources, 248, 1197-1200, 2014.
12. M. K. Song, Y. Zhang*, and E. J. Cairns*, “A long-life, high-rate lithium/sulfur cell: a multifaceted approach to enhancing cell performance,” Nano Letters, 13, 5891-5899, 2013.
11. M. K. Song†, X. Zhu†, and M. Liu*, “A triazole-based PEM for fuel cells operated in a wide temperature range (25~150oC) with little humidification,” Journal of Power Sources, 241, 219-224, 2013.
10. M. K. Song, E. J. Cairns, and Y. Zhang*, “Lithium-sulfur batteries with high specific energy: old challenges and new opportunities,” Nanoscale, 5, 2186-2204, 2013.
9. K. Cai†, M. K. Song†, E. J. Cairns, and Y. Zhang*, “Nanostructured Li2S/C composites as cathode material for high energy lithium-sulfur batteries,” Nano Letters, 12, 6474-6479, 2012.
8. M. K. Song†, S. Cheng†, H. Chen, W. Qin, K. W. Nam, S. Xu, X. Q. Yang, A. Bongiorno, J. Lee, J. Bai, T. Tyson, J. Cho, and M. Liu*, “Anomalous pseudocapacitive behavior of a nanostructured, mixed-valent manganese oxide film for electrical energy storage,” Nano Letters, 12, 3483-3490, 2012.
7. Z. Lin, M. K. Song, Y. Ding, Y. Liu, M. Liu, and C. P. Wong*, “Facile preparation of nitrogen-doped graphene as a metal-free catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 14, 3381-3382, 2012.
6. M. K. Song†, S. Park†, F. Alamgir, J. Cho*, and M. Liu*, “Nanostructured electrodes for lithium-ion and lithium-air batteries,” Materials Science and Engineering:R: Reports, 72, 203-252, 2011.
5. Z. Bao†, M. K. Song†, S. Davis, Y. Cai, M. Liu, and K. Sandhage*, “High surface area, micro/mesoporous carbon particles with selectable 3-D biogenic morphologies for tailored catalysis, filtration, or adsorption,” Energy and Environmental Science, 4, 3980-3984, 2011.
4. J. Bae, M. K. Song, Y. J. Park, J. M. Kim, M. Liu, and Z. L. Wang*, “Fiber supercapacitors made of nanowire-fiber hybrid structure for wearable/flexible energy storage,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 50, 1683-1687, 2011.
3. D. Zhao, J. Li, M. K. Song, B. Yi, H. Zhang, and M. Liu*, “A durable alternative for proton-exchange membranes: Sulfonated Poly(Benzoxazole Thioether Sulfone)s,” Advanced Energy Materials, 1, 203-211, 2011.
2. J. Ko*, H. Ko, M. K. Song, Y. Yang, and J. Lee, “Activation of polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells,” Journal of The Korean Society for New and Renewable Energy, 1, 2, 2005.
1. M. K. Song, J. G. Ahn, and E. C. Lee*, “Formation mechanism of electrodeposited Ni-SiC composite coatings,” Korean Journal of Metals & Materials, 39, 894-900, 2001.
3. C. Niu, J. Long, H. Li*, M. K. Song, and M. Liu*, “Synthesis and Characterization of 5-(4-(3-Trimethoxysilyl)Propoxy)Phenyl)-1H-Tetrazole,” Proceedings of Green Technologies Conference (IEEE 2012), 10.1109/GREEN.2012.6200942, Page 1-4, 2012.
2. K. Moon, Z. Li, Y. Yao, Z. Lin, Q. Liang, J. Agar, M. K. Song, M. Liu, and C.P. Wong*, “Graphene for ultracapacitors,” Proceedings of Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC), 2010.
1. K. Cho*, S. Kim, J. Lee, S. Um, M. K. Song, J. Ko, H. Shin, and Y. Sung, “Study of effects of gas diffusion layers on performance of PEMFC”, Proceedings of Fuel Cell Seminar, TX, USA, 2004.