Welcome to Parallel and Distributed Storage Systems Lab!
Directed by Dr. Xuechen Zhang
- File and storage systems
- Operating systems
- High performance computing
- Cloud and distributed computing
1. There are TAs and RAs openings in Dr. Zhang’s group. Interested students shall contact him by emailing their CVs and Tofel/GRE scores.
2. Summer internship at the Berkeley Lab: multiple positions are available for undergraduate and graduate students. These projects require C/C++ and are related to high-performance computing, OS, and system programming. If selected, the lab will pay $600/week for 9 weeks for undergraduate students plus a housing supplement of $3000. (The minimum GPA requirement is 3.0/4 and students must be US citizens or permanent residents at the time of applying.)
- Zheng Dang, Shuibing He, Peiyi Hong, Zhenxin Li, Xuechen Zhang, Xian-He Sun, Gang Chen, “NVAlloc: Rethinking Heap Metadata Management in Persistent Memory Allocators”, In Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS’22), Lausanne, Switzerland, February 2022.
- Siling Yang, Weijian Chen, Xuechen Zhang, Shuibing He, Yanlong Yin, and Xian-He Sun, “Automated DNN Pruning and Mapping for ReRAM-based Accelerator”, In Proceedings of the International Conference on Supercomputing 2021 (ICS’21), Worldwide online event, June 2021.
- Tyler Coy, Shuibing He, Bin Ren, and Xuechen Zhang, “Compiler Aided Checkpointing using Crash-Consistent Data Structures in NVMM Systems”, In Proceedings of the International Conference on Supercomputing 2020 (ICS’20), Barcelona, Spain, June 2020.
- Soklong Lim, Zaixin Lu, Bin Ren, Xuechen Zhang, “Enforcing Crash Consistency of Evolving Network Analytics in Non-Volatile Main Memory Systems”, In Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT’19), Seattle, WA, September 2019.
- Ian Kosen, Can Huang, Zhi Chen, Xuechen Zhang, Emma Stewart, Liang Min, Dao Zhou, Lin Zhu, and Yilu Liu. “UPS: Unified PMU-Data Storage System to Enhance T+D PMU Data Usability”. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid (TSG), 2019.
- Bao Nguyen, Tan Hua, and Xuechen Zhang, “Large-scale Adaptive Mesh Simulations Through Non-Volatile Byte-Addressable Memory”, ACM/IEEE International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC’17), Dever, CO, November 2017
- Jian Huang, Michael R. Allen-Bond, and Xuechen Zhang, “Semantic-Aware Checking for Finding Deep Bugs in Fast Path”, Proceedings of 22nd International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS’17), Xi’an, China, 2017.
- Jian Huang, Xuechen Zhang, and Karsten Schwan, “Understanding Issue Correlations: A Case Study of the Hadoop System”, The ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing 2015 (SOCC’15), Kohala Cost, HI, August 2015.
- Ajay Gulati, Ganesha Shanmuganathan, Xuechen Zhang, and Peter Varman, ”Demand Based Hierarchical QoS Using Storage Resource Pools”, USENIX Annual Technical Conference (ATC’12), Boston, MA, June 2012.
- Xuechen Zhang, Kei Davis, and Song Jiang, “QoS Support for End Users of I/O-intensive Applications using Shared Storage Systems”, ACM/IEEE International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC’11), Seattle, WA, November 2011.
- Xuechen Zhang, Kei Davis, and Song Jiang, ”IOrchestrator: Improving the Performance of Multi-node I/O Systems via Inter-Server Coordination”, ACM/IEEE International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC’10), New Orleans, LA, November 2010.