Welcome to Parallel and Distributed Storage Systems Lab!
Directed by Dr. Xuechen Zhang
- File and storage systems
- Operating systems
- High performance computing
- Cloud and distributed computing
There are TA openings in Dr. Zhang’s group. Interested students shall contact him by emailing their CVs and Tofel/GRE scores.
- Soklong Lim, Jun Hao, Zaixin Lu, Xuechen Zhang, and Zhao Zhang, “Approximating the k-Minimum Distance Rumor Source Detection in Online Social Networks”, In Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN’18), Hangzhou, China, July 2018. (Accepted)
- Xuechen Zhang, Song Jiang, Alseny Diallo, and Lei Wang, “IR+: Removing Parallel I/O Interference of MPI Programs through Data Replication on Heterogeneous Storage Devices”, Journal of Parallel Computing (ParCo), Elsevier. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parco.2018.01.004)
- Suman Karki, Bao Nguyen, and Xuechen Zhang, “QoS Support for Scientific Workflows using Software-Defined Storage Resource Enclaves”, 32th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS’18), Vancouver, BC, Canada, May 2018.
- Bao Nguyen, Tan Hua, and Xuechen Zhang, “Large-scale Adaptive Mesh Simulations Through Non-Volatile Byte-Addressable Memory”, ACM/IEEE International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC’17), Dever, CO, November 2017
- Jian Huang, Michael R. Allen-Bond, and Xuechen Zhang, “Semantic-Aware Checking for Finding Deep Bugs in Fast Path”, Proceedings of 22nd International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS’17), Xi’an, China, 2017.
- Xuechen Zhang, Ujjwal Khanal, Xinghui Zhao and Stephen Ficklin, “Understanding Software Platforms for In-memory Scientific Data Analysis: A Case Study of the Spark System”. The 22nd IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS’16), Wuhan, China, 2016.
- Jian Huang, Xuechen Zhang, and Karsten Schwan, “Understanding Issue Correlations: A Case Study of the Hadoop System”, The ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing 2015 (SOCC’15), Kohala Cost, HI, August 2015.
- Jian Huang, Xuechen Zhang, Greg Eisenhauer, Karsten Schwan, Matthew Wolf, Stephane Ethier, and Scott Klasky, ”Scibox: Online Sharing of Scientific Data via the Cloud”, 28th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS’14), Tucson, AZ, May 2014.
- Xuechen Zhang, Ke Liu, Kei Davis, and Song Jiang, “iBridge: Improving Unaligned Parallel File Access with Solid-State Drives”, 27th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS’13), Boston, MA, May 2013.
- Ajay Gulati, Ganesha Shanmuganathan, Xuechen Zhang, and Peter Varman, ”Demand Based Hierarchical QoS Using Storage Resource Pools”, USENIX Annual Technical Conference (ATC’12), Boston, MA, June 2012.
- Xuechen Zhang, Kei Davis, and Song Jiang, “QoS Support for End Users of I/O-intensive Applications using Shared Storage Systems”, ACM/IEEE International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC’11), Seattle, WA, November 2011.
- Xuechen Zhang, Kei Davis, and Song Jiang, ”IOrchestrator: Improving the Performance of Multi-node I/O Systems via Inter-Server Coordination”, ACM/IEEE International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC’10), New Orleans, LA, November 2010.