- Educate and train a new generation of leaders in Industrial Biosystems Engineering research, development, and education;
- Advance Industrial Biosystems Engineering sciences and technologies for producing biofuels and biochemcals;
- Contribute to the establishment of a biofuel industry in Washington State and the nation;
- Support the creation and growth of various companies along the value chains of feedstock production, conversion, and product distribution;
- and contribute to the development of a new world bio-economy.
Twenty research associates and graduate students work together in dynamic and creative research teams. Creativity, pro-activity, productivity, high standards and self expectations, hard work, accountability, and mutual support and open communication contribute to the success we have as a group.