Our bioengineering research is focused in two broad areas:
- materials and structures for implants and drug delivery
- micromachined ultrasonic transducers in biomedical imaging and therapeutics
Our implants and drug delivery research is focused in three broad areas:
- materials and structures for next generation load bearing implants
- nanoscalse resorbable ceramics in tissue engineering and drug delivery
- surface modification for improving cell materials interactions
Apart from these activities, we also have research activities in the areas of materials and structures for industrial gas sensors using inorganic nanomaterials and novel materials and structures for thermal management applications. Both of these programs are funded through seed grants from WSU.