Natural Medicine delivery from biomedical devices for Bone Healing
Curcumin is the primary compound found in turmeric root, able to support osteogenesis and cancer inhibition. When loaded in 3D printed calcium phosphate (CaP) bioceramic scaffolds, osteoclastic bone resorption is inhibited, supporting angiogenesis and new bone formation (red-orange). Acemannan is the key component in aloe vera. Acemannan delivery from doped CaP coated Ti metal implants, shows higher bone formation and osseointegration, from CT scans, and osteoid stains.
- Bose, S., Sarkar, N. and Banerjee, D. Mater Today Chem. 8, 110-120, (2018).
- Sarkar, N., Bose, S. ACS Appl Mater Inter. 11, 17184-92, (2019).
- Banerjee, D., Bose, S. ACS Appl Bio Mater. 2, 3194-202, (2019).
- Bose S. and Sarkar N., Trends in Biotechnology, 38 (4), 404-417, (2020).
- Koski C. Sarkar N. and Bose S., Journal of Materials Chemistry B, RSC, 8 (10), 2048-2062, (2020).
- Robertson SF and Bose S. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 111, 103945 (2020).