Additive manufacturing of multi-material structures
Multi-material additive manufacturing (AM) leverages AM’s tooling-free nature to provide specific compositions and properties in different areas of parts. This means throughout a single component, properties like hardness, corrosion resistance, can be defined in areas that require it the most. Our work focuses on laser-based directed energy deposition (DED) and powder bed fusion (PBF) to create metal-ceramic multi-material structures and coatings with unique properties.
Related selected publications
- D. Traxel, A. Bandyopadhyay, Additive Manufacturing,24 (2018).
- Y. Zhang, A. Bandyopadhyay, Additive Manufacturing, 21 104–111 (2018).
- T. Gualtieri, A. Bandyopadhyay, Materials & Design 139 419–428 (2018).
- B. Onuike, B. Heer, A. Bandyopadhyay, Additive Manufacturing, 21 133–140 (2018).
- Bandyopadhyay A. and Heer B, Materials Science and Engineering R 129 1-16 (2018).