- J. Rivnay, S. Inal, B. A. Collins, M. Sessolo, E. Stavrinidou, X. Strakosas, C. Tassone, D. M. Delongchamp, G. G. Malliaras, “Structural control of mixed ionic and electronic transport in conducting polymers.” Nature Communications, 7, 11287, (2016).
- E. Gann, B. A. Collins, M. Tang, J. R. Tumbleston, S. Mukherjee, H. Ade, “Morphological origins of polarization-induced scattering anisotropy from organic thin films.” J. of Synchrotron Radiation, 23, 219, (2015).
- B. A. Collins, Y. S. Chu, L. He, D. Haskel, F. Tsui, “Structural and chemical ordering of Heusler Co_xMn_yGe_z epitaxial film son Ge(111) – quantitative study using traditional and anomalous x-ray diffraction techniques.” Phys. Rev. B, 92, 224108 (2015).
- B. A. Collins, F. A. Bockel, D. M. Delongchamp, “Organic Photovoltaic Morphology” in Organic Photovoltaic Devices, Christoph Brabec Ed., STM-Books (Wiley) 2014.
- S. Roland, M. Schubert, B. A. Collins, J. Kurpiers, Z. H. Chen, A. Facchetti, H. Ade, D. Neher, “Fullerene-free polymer solar cells with highly reduced bimolecular recombination and field-independent charge carrier generation.”, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 5, 2815, (2014).
- M. Schubert, B. A. Collins, H. Mangold, I. A. Howard, W. Schindler, K. Vandewal, S. Rloand, J. Behrends, F. Kraffert, R. Steyrleuthner, Z. Chen, K Fostiropouulos, R. Bittl, A. Salleo, A. Facchetti, F. Laquai, H. Ade, D. Neher, “Correlated Donor/Acceptor Crystal Orientation and Fast Charge-Transfer State Recombination Controls Photocurrent Generation in All-Polymer Solar Cells.” Adv. Func. Mater. 24, 4068 (2014).
- R. Steyrleuthner, R. Di Pietro, B. A. Collins, F. Polzer, S. Himmelberger, H. Kirmse, M. Schubert, Z. Chen, A. Salleo, H. Ade, A. Facchetti and D. Neher, “The role of regioregularity and crystallinity on electron transport anisotropy in a high mobility n-type copolymer.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 4245 (2014).
- J. R. Tumbleston, B. A. Collins, L. Yang, A. C. Stuart, E. Gann, W. Ma, W. You, H. Ade, “The influence of molecular orientation on organic bulk heterojunction solar cells.” Nature Photonics, 8, 385 (2014).
- J. R. Tumbleston, A. D. Gadisa, Y. Liu, B. A. Collins, E. T. Samulski, R. Lopez, H. Ade, “Modifications in morphology resulting from nanoimprinting bulk heterojunction blends for light trapping organic solar cell designs.” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 5, 8225 (2013).
- J. A. Bartelt, Z. M. Beiley, E. T. Hoke, W. R. Mateker, J. D. Douglas, B. A. Collins, J. R. Tumbleston, K. R. Graham, A. Amassian, H. Ade, J. M. J. Fréchet, M. F. Toney, M. D. McGehee “The importance of fullerene percolation in the mixed regions of polymer-fullerene bulk heterojunction solar cells.” Adv. Energy Mater. 3, 364 (2013).
- J. E. Cochran, E. Amir, K. Sivanandan, S.-Y., Ku, J. H. Seo, B. A. Collins, J. R. Tumbleston, M. F. Toney, H. Ade, C. J. Hawker, M. L. Chabinyc “Synthesis, solid-state, and charge-transport properties of conjugated polythiophene-S,S-dioxides.” J. Poly. Sci. B, 51, 48 (2013).
- B. A. Collins, Z. Li, J. R. Tumbleston, E. Gann, C. R. McNeill, H. Ade, “Absolute measurement of domain composition and nanoscale size distribution explains performance in PTB7:PC71BM solar cells.” Adv. Energy Mater., 3, 65, (2013). – Feature Article.
- B. A. Collins, H. Ade, “Quantitative compositional analysis of organic thin films using transmission NEXAFS spectroscopy in an x-ray microscope.” J. Electron Spectrosc., 85, 119 (2012).
- E. Gann, A. Young, B. A. Collins, H. Yan, J. Nasiatka, H. A. Padmore, H. Ade, A. Hexemer, C. Wang, “Soft x-ray scattering facility at the Advanced Light Source with real-time data processing and analysis.” Rev. Sci. Instrum., 83, 045110 (2012).
- B. A. Collins, J. Cochran, H. Yan, E. Gann, C. Hub, R. Fink, C. Wang, T. Schuettfort, C. R. McNeill, M. L. Chabinyc, H. Ade, “Polarized x-ray scattering reveals noncrystalline orientational ordering in organic films.” Nat. Mater., 11, 536 (2012). [Selected for Nature Materials “News and Views”]
- X. He, B. A. Collins, B. Watts, H. Ade, C. R. McNeill, “Studying polymer/fullerene interdiffusion and miscibility in laterally-patterned films with x-ray spectromiscroscopy.” Small, 8, 1920 (2012).
- H. Yan, B. A. Collins, E. Gann, C. Wang, H. Ade, C. R. McNeill, “Correlating the efficiency and nanomorphology of polymer blend solar cells utilizing resonant soft x-ray scattering.” ACS Nano, 6, 677 (2012).
- Invited: B. A. Collins, J. R. Tumbleston, H. Ade, “Miscibility, crystallinity, and phase development in P3HT:PCBM solar cells: Towards an enlightened understanding of device morphology and stability.” J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2, 3135 (2011).
- B. A. Collins, L. Zhe,C. R. McNeill, H, Ade, “Fullerene-dependent miscibility in the silole-containing copolymer PSBTBT- 08.” Macromolecules, 44, 9747 (2011).
- L. He, B. A. Collins, F. Tsui, Y. S. Chu, “Epitaxial growth of Co(x)Mn(y)Si(z) (111) thin films in the compositional range around the Heusler alloy Co(2)MnSi.” J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 29, 03C124 (2011). – Feature Article.
- B. A. Collins, E. Gann , L. Guignard, X. He, C. R. McNeill, H. Ade, “Molecular Miscibility of Polymer-Fullerene Blends.” J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 1, 3160 (2010).