- “Label-free characterization of organic nanocarriers reveals persistent single-molecule cores for hydrocarbon sequestration” T. McAfee, T. Ferron, I. A. Cordova, P. D. Pickett, C. L. McCormick, C. Wang, B. A. Collins, Submitted (2021).
- “Morphological Origins of Non-Langevin Recombination to Realize Thick yet Efficient Polymer-fullerene Solar Cells” O. Alqahtani, S. M. Hosseini, T. Ferron, V. Murcia, T McAfee, K. Vixie, F. Huang, A. Armin, S. Shoaee, B. A. Collins, Submitted (2021).
- “A NIST facility for Resonant Soft X-ray Scattering measuring nano-scale soft matter structure at NSLS-II” E. Gann, T. Crofts, G. Holland, P. Beaucage, T. McAfee, J. R. Kline, B. A. Collins, C. McNeill, D. A. Fischer, D. DeLongchamp, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, DOI: 10.1088/1361-648X/abdffb (2021).
- “Evidence for Field-Dependant Charge Separation Caused by Mixed Phases in Polymer-Fullerene Organic Solar Cells” P. Dhakal, T. Ferron, A. Alotaibi, V. Murcia, O. Alqahtani, B. A. Collins, The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpclett.0c03863 (2021).
- “Molecular and Energetic Order Dominate the Photocurrent Generation Process in Organic Solar Cells with Small Energetic Offsets” K. Zhou, Y. Liu, A. Alotaibi, J. Yuan, C. Jiang, J. Xin, X. Liu, B. A. Collins, F. Zhang, W. Ma, ACS Energy Letters, 5, 589-596 (2020).
- “Absolute intensity calibration for carbon-edge soft X-ray scattering” T. Ferron, D. Grabner, T. McAfee, B. A. Collins, Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, 27, 1601-1608 (2020).
“GIWAXS-SIIRkit: scattering intensity, indexing and refraction calculation toolkit for grazing-incidence wide-angle X-ray scattering of organic materials” V. Savikhin, H.-G. Steinrück, R.-Z. Liang, B. A. Collins, S. D. Oosterhout, P. M. Beaujuge, M. F. Toney, Journal of Applied Crystallography, 53,1108-1129 (2020).
- “Increased charge transfer state separation via reduced mixed phase interface in polymer solar cells.” T. Ferron, M. Waldrip, M. Pope, B. A. Collins, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 7, 4536-4548 (2019).
- “Probing the Pathways of Free Charge Generation in Organic Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cells.” J. Kurpiers, T. Ferron, S. Roland, M. Jakoby, T. Thiede, F. Jaiser, S. Albrecht, S. Janietz, B. A. Collins, I. Howard, and D. Neher, Nature Communications, 9, 2038 (2018).
- “Mixed domains enhance charge generation and extraction in bulk-heterojunction solar cells with small-molecule donors.” O. Alqahtani, M. Babics, J. Gorenflot, V. Savikhin, T. Ferron, A. H. Balawi, A. Paulke, Z. Kan, M. Pope, A. J. Clulow, J. Wolf, P. L. Burn, I. R. Gentle, D. Neher, M. F. Toney, F. Laquai, P. M. Beaujuge, B. A. Collins, Advanced Energy Materials, 8, 1702941 (2018).
- “Quantitative relations between interaction parameter, miscibility, and function in organic solar cells.” L. Ye, H. Hu, M. Ghasemi, T. Wang, B. A. Collins, J. Kim, K. Jiang, J. Carpenter, H. Li, Z. Li, T. McAfee, J. Zhao, X. Chen, J. Lai, T. Ma, J. Bredas, H. Yan, H. Ade, Nature Materials, 17, 253 (2018).
- “Miscibility-function relations in organic solar cells: Significance of optimal miscibility in relation to percolation.” L. Ye, B. A. Collins, X. Jiao, J. Zhao, H. Yan, H. Ade, Advanced Energy Materials, 8, 1703058 (2018).
- “Spectral analysis for resonant soft X-ray scattering enables measurement of interfacial width in 3D organic nanostructures.” T. Ferron, M. Pope, B. A. Collins, Physical Review Letters, 119, 167801 (2017).
- “Connecting molecular conformation to aggregation in P3HT using near-edge X-ray absorption fine structure spectroscopy.” S. G. Urqhardt, M. Martinson, S. Eger, V. Murcia, H. Ade, B. A. Collins, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 121, 21720 (2017).
- “In situ X-ray scattering studies of the influence of an additive on the formation of a low-bandgap bulk heterojunction.” F. A. Bokel, S. Engmann, A. A. Herzing, B. A. Collins, H. W. Ro, D. M. DeLongchamp, L. J. Richter, E. Schaible, A. Hexemer, Chemistry of Materials, 29, 2283 (2017).
- “Structural control of mixed ionic and electronic transport in conducting polymers.” J. Rivnay, S. Inal, B. A. Collins, M. Sessolo, E. Stavrinidou, X. Strakosas, C. Tassone, D. M. Delongchamp, G. G. Malliaras, Nature Communications, 7, 11287 (2016).
- “Morphological origins of polarization-induced scattering anisotropy from organic thin films.” E. Gann, B. A. Collins, M. Tang, J. R. Tumbleston, S. Mukherjee, H. Ade, Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, 23, 219 (2015).
- “Structural and chemical ordering of Heusler Co_xMn_yGe_z epitaxial film son Ge(111) – quantitative study using traditional and anomalous x-ray diffraction techniques.” B. A. Collins, Y. S. Chu, L. He, D. Haskel, F. Tsui, Physical Review B, 92, 224108 (2015).
- Chapter: “Organic Photovoltaic Morphology” B. A. Collins, F. A. Bockel, D. M. Delongchamp, in Organic Photovoltaic Devices, Christoph Brabec Ed., STM-Books (Wiley) 2014.
- “Fullerene-free polymer solar cells with highly reduced bimolecular recombination and field-independent charge carrier generation.” S. Roland, M. Schubert, B. A. Collins, J. Kurpiers, Z. H. Chen, A. Facchetti, H. Ade, D. Neher, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 5, 2815 (2014).
- “Correlated Donor/Acceptor Crystal Orientation and Fast Charge-Transfer State Recombination Controls Photocurrent Generation in All-Polymer Solar Cells.” M. Schubert, B. A. Collins, H. Mangold, I. A. Howard, W. Schindler, K. Vandewal, S. Rloand, J. Behrends, F. Kraffert, R. Steyrleuthner, Z. Chen, K Fostiropouulos, R. Bittl, A. Salleo, A. Facchetti, F. Laquai, H. Ade, D. Neher, Advanced Functional Materials, 24, 4068 (2014).
- “The role of regioregularity and crystallinity on electron transport anisotropy in a high mobility n-type copolymer.” R. Steyrleuthner, R. Di Pietro, B. A. Collins, F. Polzer, S. Himmelberger, H. Kirmse, M. Schubert, Z. Chen, A. Salleo, H. Ade, A. Facchetti, D. Neher, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 136, 4245 (2014).
- “The influence of molecular orientation on organic bulk heterojunction solar cells.” J. R. Tumbleston, B. A. Collins, L. Yang, A. C. Stuart, E. Gann, W. Ma, W. You, H. Ade, Nature Photonics, 8, 385 (2014).
- “Modifications in morphology resulting from nanoimprinting bulk heterojunction blends for light trapping organic solar cell designs.” J. R. Tumbleston, A. D. Gadisa, Y. Liu, B. A. Collins, E. T. Samulski, R. Lopez, H. Ade, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 5, 8225 (2013).
- “The importance of fullerene percolation in the mixed regions of polymer-fullerene bulk heterojunction solar cells.” J. A. Bartelt, Z. M. Beiley, E. T. Hoke, W. R. Mateker, J. D. Douglas, B. A. Collins, J. R. Tumbleston, K. R. Graham, A. Amassian, H. Ade, J. M. J. Fréchet, M. F. Toney, M. D. McGehee, Advanced Energy Materials, 3, 364 (2013).
- “Synthesis, solid-state, and charge-transport properties of conjugated polythiophene-S,S-dioxides.” J. E. Cochran, E. Amir, K. Sivanandan, S.-Y., Ku, J. H. Seo, B. A. Collins, J. R. Tumbleston, M. F. Toney, H. Ade, C. J. Hawker, M. L. Chabinyc, Journal of Polymer Science B, 51, 48 (2013).
- “Absolute measurement of domain composition and nanoscale size distribution explains performance in PTB7:PC71BM solar cells.” B. A. Collins, Z. Li, J. R. Tumbleston, E. Gann, C. R. McNeill, H. Ade, Advanced Energy Materials, 3, 65 (2013). [Feature Article]
- “Quantitative compositional analysis of organic thin films using transmission NEXAFS spectroscopy in an x-ray microscope.” B. A. Collins, H. Ade, Journal of Electron Spectroscopy, 85, 119 (2012).
- “Soft x-ray scattering facility at the Advanced Light Source with real-time data processing and analysis.” E. Gann, A. Young, B. A. Collins, H. Yan, J. Nasiatka, H. A. Padmore, H. Ade, A. Hexemer, C. Wang, Review of Scientific Instruments, 83, 045110 (2012).
- “Polarized x-ray scattering reveals noncrystalline orientational ordering in organic films.” B. A. Collins, J. Cochran, H. Yan, E. Gann, C. Hub, R. Fink, C. Wang, T. Schuettfort, C. R. McNeill, M. L. Chabinyc, H. Ade, Nature Materials, 11, 536 (2012). [Selected for Nature Materials “News and Views”]
- “Studying polymer/fullerene interdiffusion and miscibility in laterally-patterned films with x-ray spectromiscroscopy.” X. He, B. A. Collins, B. Watts, H. Ade, C. R. McNeill, Small, 8, 1920 (2012).
- “Correlating the efficiency and nanomorphology of polymer blend solar cells utilizing resonant soft x-ray scattering.” H. Yan, B. A. Collins, E. Gann, C. Wang, H. Ade, C. R. McNeill, ACS Nano, 6, 677 (2012).
- Invited: “Miscibility, crystallinity, and phase development in P3HT:PCBM solar cells: Towards an enlightened understanding of device morphology and stability.” B. A. Collins, J. R. Tumbleston, H. Ade, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2, 3135 (2011).
- “Fullerene-dependent miscibility in the silole-containing copolymer PSBTBT- 08.” B. A. Collins, L. Zhe, C. R. McNeill, H. Ade, Macromolecules, 44, 9747 (2011).
- “Epitaxial growth of Co(x)Mn(y)Si(z) (111) thin films in the compositional range around the Heusler alloy Co(2)MnSi.” L. He, B. A. Collins, F. Tsui, Y. S. Chu, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 29, 03C124 (2011). [Feature Article]
- B. A. Collins, E. Gann, L. Guignard, X. He, C. R. McNeill, H. Ade, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 1, 3160 (2010).