Feng Zhao, Ph.D.
School of Engineering and Computer Science
14204 NE Salmon Creek Ave, Vancouver, WA 98686
Phone: (360) 546-9187
Office: VECS 201P
Positions available in Dr. Zhao’s group:
(1) Research Assistant: RA positions for graduate students are available. An earned B.S. or master degree in EE, ME, or Physics is required.
(2) Research projects are also available for talented and motivated undergraduate students.
13th International Conference on Silicon Carbide and Related Materials (ICSCRM 2009, Nuremberg, Germany)
Research interests: Microelectronics, nanoelectronics, nanomaterials, microelectromechanical (MEMS) and nanoelectromechanical (NEMS) systems, sensors, micro/nanofabrication, modeling. Research sponsored by NSF, NIH, DoD/ONR, industry, and WSU.
- Resistive random access memories (ReRAMs), artificial synaptic devices, neuromorphic computing, neural stimulation and recording
- MEMS/NEMS for sensing and actuation in chemical, biomedical and harsh environments
- Microneedles for transdermal drug delivery and implantable neural probes for brain-machine interfaces (BMI)
- Metal oxide heterojunction photovoltaic cells
- Wide bandgap semiconductors (SiC, GaN and Ga2O3) high voltage/power and high frequency devices: SBD, pn diode, BJT, JFET, MOSFET, IGBT, HEMT
- Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) chemical and bio sensors
Facility and Resources
- Software license: COMSOL Multiphysics, ADS, Orcad, Silvaco (Athena and Atlas), ANSYS/ANSYS HFSS, Solidworks, Matlab
- Micro/Nanoelectronics and Energy Laboratory (MNEL) for testing and characterization of electronic devices and MEMS/NEMS.
- Class 100 clean room for device fabrication (4-inch wafer fab).
- B.S., Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
- M.E., Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Ph.D., University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
|ECE 302||Properties of Electronic Materials|
|ECE 349||Principles of Solid State Devices|
|ECE 451||Capstone Design I|
|ECE 452||Capstone Design II|
|ECE 466||Semiconductor Material and Device Characterization|
|ECE 486||Solid State Device Design and Modeling|
|ECE 496||Silicon Integrated Circuit Fabrication Technology|
|ECE 501||Fundamentals of Laboratory-on-Chip (graduate-level)|
|ECE 582||Emerging Device Technologies (graduate-level)|
|ECE 586||Solid State Device Design and Modeling (graduate-level)|