Feng Zhao, Ph.D.
School of Engineering and Computer Science
14204 NE Salmon Creek Ave, Vancouver, WA 98686
Phone: (360) 546-9187
Office: VECS 201P
Positions available in Dr. Zhao’s group:
(1) Research Assistant: RA positions for graduate students are available. An earned B.S. or master degree in EE, ME, or Physics is required.
(2) Research projects are also available for talented and motivated undergraduate students.
13th International Conference on Silicon Carbide and Related Materials (ICSCRM 2009, Nuremberg, Germany)
Research interests: Microelectronics, nanoelectronics, nanomaterials, microelectromechanical (MEMS) and nanoelectromechanical (NEMS) systems, sensors, micro/nanofabrication, modeling. Research sponsored by NSF, DoD/Navy, industry, and WSU.
- Wide bandgap silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN) high voltage/power and high frequency devices: SBD, pn diode, BJT, JFET, MOSFET, IGBT, HEMT.
- MEMS/NEMS for harsh environments.
- 2-D materials (graphene, MoS2, In2Se3) crystal growth and device development.
- Microelectronics, nanoelectronics, resistive random access memories (ReRAMs), artificial synaptic devices, neuromorphic computing.
- Metal oxide heterojunction photovoltaic cells
- Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) chemical and bio sensors
Facility and Resources
- Software license: COMSOL Multiphysics, ADS, Orcad, Silvaco (Athena and Atlas), ANSYS/ANSYS HFSS, Solidworks, Matlab
- Micro/Nanoelectronics and Energy Laboratory (MNEL) for testing and characterization of electronic devices and MEMS/NEMS.
- Class 100 clean room for device fabrication (4-inch wafer fab).
Cleanroom Bay 1 (diffusion furnace, oxidation furnace, chemical hoods, PECVD, RIE, RTP, SRD)
Cleanroom Bay 2 (mask aligner, spinner, hotplates, O2 plasma, chemical hood, Nikon microscope)
Cleanroom Bay 3 (ebeam evaporator, RF/DC sputter, ellipsometer, optical surface profiler, stylus surface profiler, AFM, Nikon microscope)
- B.S., Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
- M.E., Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Ph.D., University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
|ECE 451||Capstone Design I|
|ECE 452||Capstone Design II|
|ECE 486||Solid State Device Design and Modeling|
|ECE 496||Silicon Integrated Circuit Fabrication Technology|
|ECE 466||Semiconductor Material and Device Characterization|
|ECE 302||Properties of Electronic Materials|
|ECE 349||Principles of Solid State Devices|
|ECE 586||Solid State Device Design and Modeling (graduate-level)|