- 07.04.2019 | Determining Mechanisms Underlying the Goldenseal-Midazolam Interactions in Humans Using an In Vitro to In Vivo Approach was presented at the Gordon Research Conference on Drug Metabolism 2019 in Holderness, NH. Tanna RS, Tian DD, McDonald MG, Calamia J, Rettie AE, Thummel KE, Paine MF.
- 04.06.2019 | Determining Mechanisms Underlying the Goldenseal-Midazolam Interactions in Humans Using an In Vitro to In Vivo Approach was presented at the ASPET Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology 2019 in Orlando, FL. Tanna RS, Tian DD, McDonald MG, Calamia J, Rettie AE, Thummel KE, Paine MF
- 03.22.2018 | Green tea decreases raloxifene systemic exposure to below the pre-defined no effect range in healthy volunteers was presented at the ASCPT Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL.
McCune JS, Tian DD, Hardy PA, Cech NB, Shen DD, Layton ME, White JR, Paine MF.
- 11.06.2017 | Toward a Reliable and Interoperable Public Repository for Natural Product-Drug Interaction Study Data was presented at the 2017 Annual Symposium of the American Medical Informatics Association in Washington, DC. Boyce RD, Ragueneau-Majlessi I, Yu J, Sontheimer J, Kinsella K, Brochhausen M, Judkins J, Pinkleton B, Cooney R, Paine MF, McCune JS.
- 07.11.2017 | Identification of Intestinal UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase Inhibitors in Green Tea Using a Biochemometric Approach was presented at the Gordon Research Conference on Drug Metabolism in Holderness, NH. Tian DD, Kellogg JJ, Oberlies NH, Cech NB, McCune JS, Paine MF.
- 06.21.2017 | Biochemometrics to Identify Drug Metabolizing Enzyme Inhibitors from Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) was presented at the 8th American Council for Medicinally Active Plants Conference in Clemson, SC. Okut N, Kellogg JJ, Tian DD, Paine MF, Oberlies NH, Cech NB.
Invited Oral Presentations
- 06.08.2021 | Paine MF: “Uncovering Transporter-Mediated Natural Product-Drug Interactions Using Translational Tools.” International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics Webinar. Virtual.
- 06.01.2021 | Paine MF: “Translational Approaches to Untangle Herb-Drug Interactions.” 11th International Marbach DDI workshop. Virtual.
- 05.29.2021 | Paine MF: “Natural Product-Drug Interaction Research: Digging through the Intricacies to Uncover Mechanisms and Improve Pharmacotherapy.” FDA-ASCPT William Abrams Award lecture. Virtual.
- 03.09.2021 | Paine MF: “Weeding Mechanisms of Pharmacokinetic Marijuana-Drug Interactions.” American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (ASCPT) annual meeting. Virtual.
- 11.24.2019 | Paine MF: “Assessing clinical transporter-mediated herb-drug interactions using a cocktail approach.” 4th International Ling-nan DMPK Forum in Guangzhao, China.
- 08.14.2019 | Paine MF: “Natural product-drug interaction research: cultivating best practices.” Linus Pauling Institute 10th International Conference in Corvallis, OR.
- 07.28.2019 | Paine MF: “Translational approaches to assess pharmacokinetic herb-drug interactions.” 12th international ISSX meeting in Portland, OR.
- 07.04.2019 | “Assessing Transporter-Mediated Goldenseal-Drug Interactions in Healthy Volunteers Using a Transporter Cocktail” was presented at the Gordon Research Conference on Drug Metabolism in Holderness, NH. Tanna RS, Nguyen J, Basal S, Molnár B,
Horváth M, Kellogg JJ, Cech NB, Oberlies NH, Shierman LM, Unadkat JD, Thummel KE, Paine MF.
- 06.23.2019 | Paine MF: “Untangling mechanisms underlying natural product-drug interactions. ” International Conference on Cytochrome P450 in Brisbane, Australia.
- 04.06.2019 | Paine MF: “Translational approaches to address potential clinically significant enteric xenobiotic-drug interactions: a case study involving the herbal product green tea.” EB/ASPET Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL.
- 03.10.2019 | Paine MF: “Causative ingredients and mechanisms underlying interactions between prescription and non-prescription medications and natural products.” Society of Toxicology 58th Annual Meeting in Baltimore, MD.
- 10.03.2018 | Paine MF: “Evaluating potential cannabis-drug interactions.” Cannabis Research Retreat in Seattle, WA.
- 06.14.2018 | Paine MF: “Assessing Pharmacokinetic Natural Product-Drug Interactions: Challenges and Opportunities.” Delaware Valley Drug Metabolism Discussion Group – Rozman Memorial Symposium: Contributions of Women Scientists to Drug Metabolism, Drug Transporter, and Pharmacokinetics Research in Philadelphia, PA.
- 06.05.2018 | Paine MF: “Assessing a Pharmacokinetic Green Tea-drug Interaction from Bench to Bedsides” FDA, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Office of Clinical Pharmacology in Silver Spring, MD.
- 05.25.2018 | Paine MF: “Natural Product-drug Interactions: Progress Towards Recommend-ed Approaches” FDA, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Office of Clinical Pharmacology in Silver Spring, MD.
- 11.07.2017 | Kellogg JJ, Tian DD, Oberlies NH, Paine MF, Cech NB: “Biochemometric Analysis Identifies Drug Metabolizing Enzyme Inhibitors from Green Tea (Camellia sinensis).” 2017 Southeast Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society in Charlotte, NC.
- 11.03.2017 | Paine MF: “A Systematic Approach to Select and Evaluate Natural Products as Precipitants of Pharmacokinetic Natural Product-Drug Interactions” 2nd Annual Joint CNPHARS-ASPET Meeting on Pharmacology in Hangzhou, China.
- 08.21.2017 | Paine MF: “Intestinal UGTs as Targets for Pharmacokinetic Natural Product-Drug Interactions” 254th American Chemical Society National Meeting in Washington, DC.
- 07.11.2017 | Paine MF: “Identification of Natural Products as Precipitants of Clinical Drug Interactions: Challenges and Opportunities” Gordon Research Conference on Drug Metabolism in Holderness, NH.
- 10.26.2016 | Paine MF: “Natural Product-Drug Interaction Research: the Roadmap to Best Practices” Council for Responsible Nutrition Day of Science in Dana Point, CA.
- 07.2019 | Mary Paine served as chair at the Gordon Research Conference on Drug Metabolism, in Holderness, NH “Translational approaches to untangle xenobiotic-drug interaction mechanisms and improve pharmacotherapy”
- 04.06.19 | Mary Paine and Amy Roe co-chaired at the Experimental Biology/American Society for Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics symposium in Orlando, FL: “Natural Product-Drug Interactions: Complex Mechanisms and Public Health Impact”.
- 12.2021 | Karen Vo was selected to participate in the FDA Pharmacy Student Experiential Program as part of her fourth year APPE rotations. She will be working with the pediatrics group in the Office of Clinical Pharmacology.
- 12.23.2020 | Rakshit Tanna was featured as the highlighted trainee author for The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics January 2021 issue.
- 10.2020 | Dr. Mary Paine was featured as a guest editor in the October 2020 issue of Drug Metabolism and Disposition. This issue included a special section, “Natural Products: Experimental Approaches to Elucidate Disposition Mechanisms and Predict Pharmacokinetic Drug Interactions”. Cover art by Sabrina Judson and co-designed with Dr. Mary Paine.
- 05.2020 | Karen Vo was featured in the first issue of the local magazine Eastsiders for her artwork.
- 05.2020 | James Nguyen received the Mylan Pharmaceuticals Excellence in Pharmacy Award for being in the top 25% of his class academically.
- 04.2020 | Karen Vo was featured in the college CougaRx April 2020 Newsletter for her art.
- 07.2019 | Science meeting with collaborators at Natty Greene’s in Greensboro, NC, July 22-23, 2019
- 04.2019 | Chancellor of WSU Spokane, Dr. Daryll DeWald, sat down in an interview with Mary Paine to discuss her research.
- 09.2018 | Dr. Mary Paine and Amy Roe were co-editors for Clinical Pharmacy & Therapeutics themed issue on “Botanicals”
- 09.13.2017 – 09.15.2017 | Conference paper: Judkins J, Tay-Sontheimer J, Boyce RD, and Brochhausen M: “Extending the DIDEO Ontology to Include Entities from the Natural Product Drug Interaction Domain of Discourse” 6th International Workshop on Vaccine and Drug Ontology Studies, International Conference on Biomedical Ontology, Newcastle University, UK.
- 10.25.2017 | Webinar: Paine MF: “Natural Product-Drug Interactions: Case Studies from the NaPDI Center” SOLVO Biotechnology.