WSU researchers join $9.8M project to study low-moisture food safety
CAHNRS News|July 02, 2020
Low-moisture foods, like cereals and flour, dried fruit and nuts, have been recalled repeatedly in the last few years, posing health risks to consumers and economic threats to businesses.
Bradley Marks, chair of the MSU Department of Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering, leads a team of economists, engineers, microbiologists, consumer educators and risk modelers in the five-year, $9.8 million grant from USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture. NIFA has designated the project as a Center of Excellence, meaning it has high merit value and meets criteria for … » More …Read Story
- Feeling the Heat International Innovation. 2016.
- FDA Halts Operations at Peanut Butter Plant, Food Safety News. 2012.
Radio frequency treatments target food pest control, WSU Insider. 2012
Resource Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 1, Page 8 | April 2009 With increasing globalization facilitated by World Trade Organization agreements and other treaties, the international trade in agricultural commodities has become an integral part of the global economy. [continue reading]
Resource Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 1, Page 8 | April 2009
With increasing globalization facilitated by World Trade Organization agreements and other treaties, the international trade in agricultural commodities has become an integral part of the global economy. [continue reading]Read Story
- ABC News 2018: 4 varieties of Goldfish Crackers recalled over fears of salmonella
- BBC News 2017: Lactalis baby milk in global recall over salmonella fears
- CBS News 2016: FDA Halts operations at Peanut Butter Plant
- Lundberg Family Farms recalls econ-farmed and organic brown rice flour because of possible health risk.
- Cashew pieces recalled for possible Salmonella contamination.
- Z Natural Foods recalls lightly roasted organic carob powder due to possibleSalmonella health risk.
- Black pepper recalled for Salmonella risk.
- Gel Spice Company issues a voluntary recall of fresh Fresh Finds Brand Ground Black Pepper due to possible Salmonella Risk.
- McCormick recalls ground oregano for possible salmonella contamination.
- The TJX Companies, Inc. recalls “Ecoato” sweet paprika powder due to possible health risk.
- Recall of Chia Seed Powder; more salmonella cases in US and Canada.
- CDC’s Atlas of Salmonella in the US.
- 100 tons of dried eggs recalled over Salmonella concerns.
- USDA announces that a Washington State firm recalls dried egg products due to a possible Salmonella contamination.
- Salmonella blog website contains news articles related to Salmonella.
- Salmonella in eggs problem cracked through radio frequency technique.
- Recalls: microbial spoilage, salmonella, milk allergy, listeria.
- Salmonella from cashews sickens 14.
- Spicy salmonella problem for the US.
- Suraj brand garlic powder is recalled for salmonella contamination.
- FDA puts spices in the spotlight.
- Salmonella scare forces recall for Aussie confectioner.
- Salmonella scare prompts General Mills cereal recall.