Our research environment includes everything needed to undertake and successfully complete research of dynamic balance control. The GPB Lab is located in Smith Gym, adjacent to the Kinesiology Program and athletic facilities. Faculty of Kinesiology have expertise in athletic training, biomechanics (Dr. Catena), exercise physiology, motor control, sport philosophy, sport psychology, and strength and conditioning. These faculty regularly collaborate with researchers across the WSU campus and outside of WSU.
- 10-camera MotionAnalysis motion capture system. This camera system capable of high speed (0 – 500 Hz) tracking of passive markers placed on the body, with an accuracy of <0.5 mm in a 30 m3 volume.
- Isokinetic International KinCom isokinetic dynamometer.
- Three Kistler forceplates. These 50 cm x 60 cm portable force platforms are capable of measuring forces up to 5000 N with percision needed in balance study.
- Lifespan professional treadmill purchased in 2014
- 8-channel Delsys electromyography capable of measuring surface muscle electrical activity.
- Anthropometry equipment. 1 Lafayette chest depth caliper. 1 Lafayette small anthropometer. 1 Rosscraft Campbell 20 caliper. Several tape measures. 1 Charder portable stadiometer. 1 Detecto PD100 Doctor Scale. 1 NB4400 Najo Sports Backboard.
For an interactive map go to this link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zOj0Rl5AOZRY.kVchejh6myr4
Phone: (509) 335-4250 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Location: Smith Gym 212, Pullman WA 99164-1410