There are 2 complementary applications for a complete application packet. These applications must be submitted in parallel.
- The 1st is for the foundational exchange program at Linköping University. Please, complete it at this link, after following the steps summarized here. The stated end date of January 19, 2024 indicates the last day students may remain in Sweden. WSU students will be able to return to their campuses before the start of the WSU 2024 spring semester. This application is due no later than March 1, 2023.
- The 2nd is for the research component with the $12,000 fellowship. Please, complete it by filling out and submitting the following form. This application is due no later than February 17, 2023
Required Application Documents
- Evidence of US citizenship, nationality, or permanent residence (required by NSF)
- Resume and WSU transcript
- List of remaining courses prior to graduation, endorsed by the applicant’s academic advisor
- Name, department, and e-mail address of a professor who taught the applicant a computing related course and who is willing to provide a recommendation letter discussing the applicant’s technical skills and potential for research success
- Two-page max, single-spaced motivation letter to describe:
- career goals
- rationale to conduct computing research in Sweden
- any prior experience with research, internships, international education
- any prior experience with scientific computing
- any prior experience with computer programming
- any prior experience with languages and cultures other than American
- Native American – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who would maintain tribal affiliation or community attachment.
- Asian – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- African American / Black – A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.
- Hispanic or Latin – A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander – A person having origins in any of the peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
- White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.
- Two or More Races (Not Hispanic or Latin) – All persons who identify with more than one of the above races.