Publications for Apatite and sodalite based glass-bonded waste forms for immobilization of 129I and mixed halide radioactive wastes
- Jared O. Kroll, Brian J. Riley, John S. McCloy, and Jacob A. Peterson, “Sol-gel synthesis of iodosodalite and subsequent consolidation with a glass binder made from oxides and sol-gel routes,” Journal of Sol‐Gel Science and Technology, 96: 564–575 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10971-020-05348-2
- Saehwa Chong, Brian J. Riley, R. Matt Asmussen, Amanda R. Lawter, Stephanie H. Bruffey, Junghune Nam, John S. McCloy, “Iodosodalite synthesis with hot isostatic pressing: A comparison between aqueous and hydrothermal synthesis processes” Journal of Nuclear Materials, 538, 152222 (2020), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2020.152222.
- Saehwa Chong, Jacob Peterson, Brian Riley, Diana Tabada, Donald Wall, Claire L. Corkhill, John McCloy, “Glass-bonded iodosodalite waste form for immobilization of I-129,” Journal of Nuclear Materials, 504, 109-121 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2018.03.033
- J. Nam, S. Chong, B. J. Riley, J. S. McCloy, “Iodosodalite Waste Forms from Low-Temperature Aqueous Process,” MRS Advances, 3(20), 1093-1103 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1557/adv.2018.225
- Saehwa Chong, Jacob Peterson, Junghune Nam, Brian Riley, John McCloy, “Synthesis and Characterization of Iodide Sodalite,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 100(5), 2273-2284 (2017). http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jace.14772
- Charles Cao, Saehwa Chong, Lynn Thirion, John C. Mauro, John S. McCloy, and Ashutosh Goel, “One pot synthesis of apatite waste forms for immobilization of radioactive iodine at ambient temperature,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 5, 14331-14342 (2017), http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C7TA00230K
- S. Chong, J. Peterson, B. Riley, and J. McCloy, “Hydrothermal Synthesis and Analysis of Iodine-Containing Sodalite,” Proc. Waste Management WM2016, 16153 (2016). http://www.wmsym.org/archives/2016/pdfs/16153.pdf
- B. Riley, J. Vienna, D. Strachan, J. McCloy, J. Jerden Jr., “Materials and Processes for the Effective Capture and Immobilization of Radioiodine: a Review,” Journal of Nuclear Materials, 470, 307-326 (2016). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2015.11.038.