Industrial Microwave Alliance
Mission Statement: Accelerate Technology Transfer of Microwave Based food safety through Engineering, Packaging, Nutrition, Regulatory, and Consumer Research
- Advance: Innovation, technology transfer, and adoption
- Support: Product and process development for emerging technology
- Explore: Nutrition, Food Quality, and recipe development
- Facilitate: Regulatory filing procedure discussions
- Evolve: Consumer studies and economic analysis
- Liaise with and leverage resources from industry, government agencies, universities, R&D institutions and other entities to accelerate innovation, technology transfer and adoption of MW based food safety processes and technologies.
- Create industry awareness, confidence and adoption of MW Heating food safety processes for sterilization and pasteurization purposes globally.
- Develop and promote accessible roadmaps, standards and specifications relating to critical technology advancements and regulatory acceptance of the MW Heating processes.
- Reduce technical and regulatory hurdles associated with adoption
- Oversee and support the evolution of the service eco-system for the new processes globally
- Participate in Annual Meeting and give input on alliance priorities to steer the direction of research activities
- Free attendance for one individual per year at scheduled Boot Camp and 20% discount for additional attendees
- Ability to participate on planned committees
- Close connections to researchers with early access to the latest research findings
- Discounts on lab time and recipe development work with member labs
- Access to member only database and knowledge transfer resources/tools.
- Recipes // Packaging // Dielectric Properties // Energy Data // Regulatory Submissions
- Priority scheduling of service requests from the Center including access to pilot plant facilities, testing labs (packaging, material, sensory, food quality, dielectric property), and others.
- Supplement research focus areas as defined and prioritized by alliance members
- Gap funds to address high priority, emerging projects
- Aid in supporting staff involved in research and management of center activities
- Assist to fund external consultants to enhance current research and attend yearly conference
For more information regarding membership in the Industrial Microwave Alliance please use the contact information below.
Project Manager: Project Principal Investigator: