Industrial Microwave Alliance
Mission Statement: Accelerate Technology Transfer of Microwave Based food safety through Engineering, Packaging, Nutrition, Regulatory, and Consumer Research
- Advance: Innovation, technology transfer, and adoption
- Support: Product and process development for emerging technology
- Explore: Nutrition, Food Quality, and recipe development
- Facilitate: Regulatory filing procedure discussions
- Evolve: Consumer studies and economic analysis
- Liaise with and leverage resources from industry, government agencies, universities, R&D institutions and other entities to accelerate innovation, technology transfer and adoption of MW based food safety processes and technologies.
- Create industry awareness, confidence and adoption of MW Heating food safety processes for sterilization and pasteurization purposes globally.
- Develop and promote accessible roadmaps, standards and specifications relating to critical technology advancements and regulatory acceptance of the MW Heating processes.
- Reduce technical and regulatory hurdles associated with adoption
- Oversee and support the evolution of the service eco-system for the new processes globally
- Participate in Annual Meeting and give input on alliance priorities to steer the direction of research activities
- Free attendance for one individual per year at scheduled Boot Camp and 20% discount for additional attendees
- Ability to participate on planned committees
- Close connections to researchers with early access to the latest research findings
- Discounts on lab time and recipe development work with member labs
- Access to member only database and knowledge transfer resources/tools.
- Recipes // Packaging // Dielectric Properties // Energy Data // Regulatory Submissions
- Priority scheduling of service requests from the Center including access to pilot plant facilities, testing labs (packaging, material, sensory, food quality, dielectric property), and others.
- Supplement research focus areas as defined and prioritized by alliance members
- Gap funds to address high priority, emerging projects
- Aid in supporting staff involved in research and management of center activities
- Assist to fund external consultants to enhance current research and attend yearly conference