- Analyze, design and simulate CMOS building blocks in particular for analog applications such as linear regulators, voltage- and current-references etc.
- Capable of operating industry-standard tools such as Cadence Sprectre®.
- Design and layout analog building blocks.
- Write a report on the design and test of the circuit.
By course: EE 311, 321 (or co-requisite), EE 489 ( or corequisite).
By topic: Basic circuit analysis, elementary electronics, p/n junction and transistor characteristics.
Courses that require this as a prerequisite: EE 596. Also useful for EE 571.
Special Tutorial Sessions:
Starting Fall 2015, students will be use Cadence Virtuoso and Matlab Editors for design and simulate various homework problems. Familiarity with this tool will increasingly help them in industry placements and internships as well. Students are thus encouraged to attend the tutorial sessions as much as they can. Extra credit is given for attendance here.
- B. Razavi, Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits 2nd edition, ISBN-13: 978-0072524932, ISBN-10: 0072524936, Year: 2016.
Publisher: McGraw Hill
- (Reference) Microelectronic Circuit Design, R. C. Jaeger and T.N. Blalock, McGraw Hill, Second Edition, 2004, ISBN 0-07-232099-0.
- (Reference) SPICE, 2nd Edition, G. Roberts & A. Sedra, 1997, Oxford University Press.
Homework/Quiz (4) 25% 20%
Exams (2) 20% 20%
Final Exam 15% 15%
Projects & Reports 40% 40%
Extra Credit 5% 5%
- Each exam (midterm and final) will have an extra problems for EE 576 students.
Broad Table of Contents:
- Signals and Amplifiers
- Operational Amplifiers
- Semiconductors and Diodes
- MOSFET small- and large-signal characteristics
- BJT small- and large-signal characteristics
- Single-stage amplifiers
- Frequency Response
- Differential- and multi-stage amplifiers