EE 596 Advanced Analog Integrated Circuits
At the end of the course, it is expected the students will be able to:
1. Derive, analyze, and simulate CMOS building blocks for Data converters and advanced analog design blocks such as comparators, differential opamps, sample-and-hold circuits etc.
2. Capable of operating industry-standard tools such as Cadence Spectre®.
3. Write a report on the design and test of the circuit.
By topic: Theory and operation of bipolar and MOS analog integrated circuits. Analysis and design of operational amplifiers.
Tools: Cadence Virtuoso, Matlab R15 with Signal Processing and Filter Design Toolbox
1. F. Maloberti, Data Converters, Springer, ISBN: 9780387324852
2. Analog Integrated Circuit Design, T.C. Carusone, D. A. Johns and K. W. Martin, John Wiley and Sons, Second Edition, 2011, ISBN-13: 978-0470770108
· R. Schreier, G. Temes, Understanding Delta-Sigma Data Converters, Wiley-Interscience
· P. Gray, P. Hurst, S. Lewis, and R. Meyer, Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits, Wiley & Sons, Inc. 5th Ed., 2009.
· IEEE Explore