Sadikshya Poudel is from the picturesque city Pokhara, Nepal. She completed her Bachelor’s in Agricultural Science from Tribhuvan University, Nepal, and a Masters Agronomy from Mississippi State University. Sadikshya joined Washington State University in the Fall of 2023 in Dr. Robert Brueggeman’s lab. Her research is focused on developing heart healthy/ biofortified naked food barley. It also has a component of gene discovery utilizing genetic and genomic approaches including molecular genetics and mutant tilling populations.
Apart from her academic pursuits, Sadikshya enjoys travelling, trekking, dancing as well as cooking. With her diverse interests and pursuits, Sadikshya’s story is one of curiosity, exploration, and making the most of every experience.
- Poudel, S., Adhikari, B., Dhillon, J., Reddy, K. R., Stetina, S. R., Bheemanahalli, R. 2023. Quantifying the Physiological, Yield, and Quality Plasticity of Southern USA Soybeans under Heat Stress. . Plant Stress. 100195. doi: 10.1016/j.stress.2023.100195
- Vennam, R. R., Ramamoorthy, R., Poudel, S., Reddy, K. R., Henry, W. B., Bheemanahalli, R., 2023. Developing Functional Relationships between Soil Moisture Content and Corn Early-Season Physiology, Growth, and Development. Plants. 12 (13): 2471. doi: 10.3390/plants12132471
- Poudel, S., Vennam, R. R., Shrestha, A., Reddy, K. R., Wijewardane, N. K., Reddy, K. N., Bheemanahalli, R. 2023. Resilience of soybean cultivars to drought stress during flowering and early-seed setting stages. Scientific Reports. 13: 1277. doi: 10.1038/s41598-023-28354-0
- Bheemanahalli, R., Ramamoorthy, P., Poudel S., Samiappan, S., Wijewardane, N., Reddy, K. R. 2022. Effects of drought and heat stresses during reproductive stage on pollen germination, yield, and leaf reflectance properties in maize (Zea mays L.). Plant Direct. 6 (8): e434. doi: 10.1002/pld3.434
- Bheemanahalli, R., Poudel S., Aldajri, F. A., Reddy, K. R. 2022. Phenotyping of Southern United States Soybean Cultivars for Potential Seed Weight and Seed Quality Compositions. Agronomy. 12 (4): 839. doi: 10.3390/agronomy12040839
- Poudel, S., Singh, N. B. 2021. Insecticide assay with rapid bioassay of pesticide residue (RBPR) technique of vegetables in different markets of Pokhara, Nepal. Nepalese Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 21: 86-96.
- Neupane, B., Poudel, S., 2021. Documentation and on farm conservation of neglected and underutilized plant species in Lamjung district, Nepal. Heliyon. 7 (1): e05887. doi: 10.1016/j.heliyon.2020.e05887